Sunday, 27 January 2013

71. Counting my blessings

The Dalai Lama is back in town, there are monks and nuns everywhere.  A good feeling.

I’m a happy woman having at last achieved a skype session with my son – he’s happy and successful in his job and has gone blonde (but didn’t say if its more fun).  It was so good to hear his voice, and to see him, even if he was blurred and breaking up.

And I am happy and healthy and gainfully occupied, and feeling good. One thing those 2 years of not being well taught me was to appreciate, so appreciate, being well.  Just simple things, like being hungry.  Its so good!  Every day I look at the mountains and think how lucky I am.

Only 6 weeks left of being 60.  Shall I carry on with this blog or quit while I'm on the up????




1 comment:

  1. Dear Jenny,
    great to hear that you spoke to Harry...why blonde.. or is it just the sun highlights?
    Steve mentioned that you had a big cricket match near you, he was jealous.
    I am missing our chats...but am happy that you are having a busy and productive time...generous to a fault eh?
    We now have lots of rain instead of the snow and ice...I think I have reached optimum paleness for the year now.. we need some sun or I will become invisibly white!
    Take care
    Love
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete