At 1.30 this afternoon Tenzin, the Lha teacher co-ordinator, sought me out to tell me that the usual person who teaches the 2pm intermediate class had called in sick. Would I teach the class? No! I said very firmly. He was very persuasive.....................I had a 10 minute panic attack before telling myself not to be such a wimp, other people do it so I can too, and walked in to face 30 people, all looking at me expectantly. Help! I just about held it together! Teachers all! You have my total admiration and I would not change places with you for all the tea in china.
This was followed by an hour of one to one tutoring with one of the 2 women I see regularly. She's absolutely lovely and we have fun but she doesn't seem to remember a single thing from the previous session. I keep it simple............."there is a white car", "we are going up the steps"; " the dog is sleeping" ;" the boys are playing cricket"................etc. Its a real job to persuade her that she can actually say quite a lot and tell me about what we can see around us. How much is due to shyness is impossible to say.
We sang in the bar again last night and it was so bad that somebody from the other side of the room found the song on his phone, and put it on the table in front of us to show us how it should be done!!!
Well done with your teaching.. it is a lot harder than people think it is.
ReplyDeleteAlways with the music critics ... they are everywhere! Don't take any notice...
Weather is fairly horrible here, we had a little snow today...yipee (ironic yippee there obviously!)
Take care Jx