Oh dear. Real Life has just descended upon me. I got home from Czech this afternoon to find there'd been a flood in my house so its wet and smelly, and its gradually dawning on me that this isnt going to go away or be anything much less than a Major Operation. And probably a Costly Major Operation.
My wonderful next door neighbour is being extremely helpful and telling me it will all be OK and the insurance will pay and I'll end up with a new carpet and the problem sorted. And he is right. Its just that I dont want to have to deal with it NOW, and can feel my next venture, walking round Wales, planned to start in 2 weeks time, slipping away from me to be replaced by builders rubble and moving furniture and project management.
Oh I know these things happen and have to be dealt with and at the end of the day if my walk has to be delayed it has to be delayed. The good thing is that having given up work, I wont have the awful job of trying to fit in seeing to this on top of work. But that's not why I gave up work! I gave up work to be able to do things like walk round Wales...............
Its lovely to be back with my local choir this evening. The singing holiday was great (I survived living in the group for a week, mainly because they were a lovely group of people, and it was good to do the singing together, and there was lots of time to catch up on sleep and we had some good nights out. Czech plum vodka is good!) and I am glad I have explored Czech, its an interesting country and it sort of grew on me as the weeks went by, but it doesnt do it for me like, say, Morocco. And the singing was good, but not as good as the choir I normally sing with.
The flight home was stressful, give me rail travel any day, but I had forgotten how beautiful it is, being up above the clouds at night and looking down on the lights below.
Right, now for cocoa made just the way I like it! Hooray! However well the Czechs do chocolate (and they do it VERY well) there is nothing quite like my own very favourate hot choc drink made just exactly how I like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment