Friday, 22 February 2013

85. Dragons and snakes

This last year of being 60, which is so nearly up, has also been the year of the Water Dragon.  I am a dragon, having been born in a dragon year, and the Piscean in me is the Water, so it has made this whole last year extra special for me.  It really has been my year.  I've done some brilliant things, and had some real disappointments, and made big changes in my life,  and I wouldn't change any of it.

But what has happened, and I don't know how or why, is contentment.  Something I've been searching for forever, and now its just crept up on me.

The one thing that I can put my finger on that was part of making it happen was getting it back together with my son, but its more than that. In fact its the other way round: its because of where I am at that I was able to do what was needed to get it back together with him.  Its not simply happiness, its an acceptance of life and what happens which makes me better able to enjoy it. Its not simply a function of the fact that I'm having a good time, I'm having a good time because I am content, and I feel better equipped to face whatever tomorrow may bring because of this contentment.

Whatever it is, its good!  Welcome all you Snakes! May your year be as good!


1 comment:

  1. Delighted to be back on your blog, Jenny. And overwhelmingly happy to learn of your serene contentment. Breathe out and share it all over your world! Exultant greetings to Harry too!
    Much love, Rosie-in-chilly-Ludlow

    ReplyDelete