Today I was a model for 2 people learning massage. All excited by the thought of a head and foot massage I turned up.................and have to admit to being tempted by the thought of relaxing in a warm room. The room was warm when we arrived as the sun streamed in, but that got sorted pretty quick as the curtains were drawn to keep out prying eyes. Being a model isn't quite the same as having a massage. First, the expert does it and it feels good, but that bit only lasts a couple of minutes as she stops to explain and then give the students a go. And of course they hesitate, fumble a bit, don't quite hit the spot and then have another go. By the time my head had had the special "get rid of laziness" massage 6 or 7 times I felt I could do it pretty well myself.
Next up the instructors announced they would do my legs. Which is different from feet. And I am an old prude about taking off my clothes. I took a deep breath, told myself firmly that I will never see these people again and complied. Trousers off! Oh God, why was I wearing my oldest, tattiest and most voluminous pants?? It was OK, if a bit gynecological at times as they raised my knee and waved my leg around. The foot bit which, thankfully, eventually followed, was good. They sweetly covered me up as I got colder.............and colder, and began to have slight concerns that a quick dash to the loo (sans trousers) might be on the cards as my insides are recovering but not yet quite there. I didn't share these concerns.
It was a fascinating experience. I didn't offer to go back tomorrow when they are doing chests.
Insides recovering thanks to gorgeous english marmite + hot water drinks, lots more hot water and a good pilates workout this morning to make me feel good. It was sha momos that did it. If you ask for sha momos - meat momos - or tell your Tibetan friends you are going to eat them, their eyes light up, they enthuse and say they are "good". They start talking about yak meat and how good it is. 30 years ago I ate mutton momos and loved them, and have kind of hankered after them ever since. Many restaurants here are veg and I happily eat veg most of the time. But I fell for the sha momos. Never again!
No comments:
Post a Comment