on the way! and my 1st 24 hours have been - mostly - delightful. Accompanied by a route finding friend we left at 2pm and walked the 10 miles to my first port of call at a steady mile every 20 minutes, where she left for home and I stayed with a friend where I was fed and watered and made very comfortably welcome. We've spent a lovely relaxed morning chatting and breakfasting and I'm now ready to go. She even transported my rucksack from my house to hers, so all I had to carry yesterday was waterproofs and map. A lovely, easy, companionable first day to break me in and it went very well.
The only fly in the ointment was that last night I fell asleep on her sofa watching the olympics and woke feeling ghastly, with a leg threatening cramp and had to go straight to bed - I didnt even feel capable of carrying my rucksack upstairs. Think it was just exhaustion after the last few weeks of manic activity and big life decisions.
My son came to stay for 2 days and to see me off, and it was just delightful to spend time with him, enjoy his company and hear about his plans for the future and just his take on life.
From now on it will be blog posts as and when internet/computer access is available. Forecast is RAIN! but then again it was to rain yesterday and it was a lovely day.
Lovely meeting you in Knighton today Jenny - good luck with your travels!
ReplyDelete