..................with some trepidation! To St David's. Well, I might as well be not walking there, as not walking here! As long as I can get there with the (very deep) scabs on my heels still intact. Which means not getting them wet (rain forecast) or knocked about (still can't wear shoes) - so its sandals, plasters and plastic bags. Well, I like a challenge.................................
The hope is that it will all get better soon and then I can walk on from St Davids, maybe in my shoes, and if that works, come back and do the bits I've missed another time.
But just in case, I've been investigating possible voluntary projects. Without much success. I really dont want to contemplate the possibility that my feet have changed so much during the past year's feet saga that they are now unbootable, and I will never get boots to fit. My old boots and shoes don't fit at all. And feel almost sick at the thought of buying yet another pair of boots only to find they don't work either. I can't imagine life without being able to do big walks, especially now that I've made time to do it. Its also frustrating having got all psyched up for a big physical challenge, to be sitting around, unchallenged.
No comments:
Post a Comment