Yesterday was the summer solstice and for the 1st time in my life I actually went out and celebrated. In rather soggy fashion but a wonderful night nonetheless.
A friend and I went to a local stone circle - just a lovely, quiet spot with wide horizons and moorland turf under our feet. We had a feast, chatted to passers by, walked up the nearby hill and revelled in our surroundings and the call of the curlews. Later on, in the rain, she retired to sleep in her car, me to try out my new tent which certainly did its stuff - the morning found me warm, dry and cosy despite torrential rain and gusty wind - and we quietly acknowledged the sunrise. And then drove back to hers for a couple of hours of sleep before work!
Last weekend found me in Manchester for a 2 day teaching with His Holiness the Dalai Lama. As ever, he was wonderful. As ever, his message was clear, simple and practical, and I came away feeling a better person for having been in his presence.
No comments:
Post a Comment