Monday, 11 June 2012

15. Job satisfaction

I love my job.  I love the whole theatre thing - the creative tension, seeing it come together,  a group of diverse people making something out of nothing, of using words, the team work, seeing it get across to the audience...................the people I work with, the places we go........................the different things we do.  I am proud to be part of it.  Its exciting.  And its fun! 

So, yesterday, a new and different venue: not a London theatre, or an Edinburgh Fringe event, or a village hall or even a local theatre - yesterday we did our thing in a festival marquee, a play inspired by the festival, created and produced at the festival, in a week!  Wonderful!

Its all new to me, 3 years ago theatre was something I went to occasionally, which sometimes worked, was occasionally awesome and inspiring, and all too often deadly boring.

One small miracle has occurred - worried about my son, I rang his father, so we are communicating again.   After a fashion.  Dont know if it will help.  It brings back memories I'd rather forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment