Just spent a fab weekend on the farm where I have been going since I was 15 - initially to learn farming, then to help on the farm, and then ever since. I love it there. I know every inch of the farm and have explored every hill, every nook and cranny visible from the place. Its surrounded by mountains - every one an old friend, and the sea, and wonderful autumnal oak woods, and rocks and heather and bog. Every step is familiar, everywhere evokes happy memories and when I tell myself not to be such a sentimental old fool, then I just revel in the landscape.
I stayed on the farm and played with the little girl there, just as I used to play with her mother when she was even smaller. I indulged myself in front of log fires and walked uphill in the sun and wind and rain. A sanctuary.
Absolutely no complaints about the NHS - just had a blood test to check my thyroid is behaving itself, or rather that the pills are doing their stuff to compensate for the absence of my thyroid - and a slightly odd result prompted me to email my consultant who emailed me back a chatty response with clear instructions. How's that for service!
No comments:
Post a Comment