some truly lovely things have happened recently, a wonderful antidote to the very flat bit that followed my abortive walk, and the worry about my son.
the first was hearing my son happy, full of plans, loving NZ and his job on a stud farm.
The second was going to a creative writing group and reading my very first 2 pieces of work - stories, fiction, something I had created. Not journals, not promotional literature for whatever Cause I am supporting, but my very own creations. And they liked them! What a huge thing! This is something I have wanted to do all my life and now, at last, I have taken the first step.
and the 3rd was some fabulous singing - the choir I sing with has a weekend away most years and we sing in churches. Just to ourselves and the church. And last weekend was wonderful as ever, but this year for the first time I sang a part with just one other person, singing high above everybody else, our voices filling the church and it was absoutely magic - I never thought I could do something like that.
And I love the freedom of not working, of having coffee with a friend, or lunch, of chatting to people around town, of not having to be somewhere, of not having responsibilities to fulfill. Of having time to get my life organised whether building work or sorting the trip to India. I've signed up for a psychology course, and can spend a weekend with a friend, or singing, or walking or camping. Its freedom and its wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment