Monday, 2 April 2012

6. odds and ends

I'm going on a week's singing holiday in July in the Czech Republic - how exciting is that!  Plus 10 days exploring the Czech Republic first.  Have just booked the train to Prague, under the kindly guidance of the Man in Seat 61, that fount of all rail knowledge.  Easyjetting back - feeling guilty about coming back on the plane but, well, its booked now and will mean I can fit everything in. 

And I am SO looking forward to not having that constant pressure of needing to fit everything in.  That's why I want to walk off and round Wales.  I've just joined the Long Distance Walkers Association, a thing I have never done before because I never felt I could take the time out to do long walks.  Now, thats just what I want to do.  To just be.  To leave it all behind, the constant juggling of commitments, trying to fit in what I want to do as well as work, etc etc until I wonder if I do actually want to do some of those things I'm trying so hard to find space for!  I want to be close to nature.  To sleep on the ground and wake up to sea and sky and space and birds..................and just get up and walk on.  And on.

Have to admit to lurking worries that something will happen to stop it all - because having to pull out of going to Mongolia 3 years ago brought home to me that we are fragile, and vulnerable, and susceptible to things going wrong.   And because it will mean giving up work.  Am I ready to retire?  Yes and no, but my wanderlust is stronger than my concerns about giving up work.  The plan is to go at the beginning of August.

Had a wonderful sing on Saturday.  Worrying I'll get singing withdrawal on my walk!  How its changed my life!  And picks me up when I am down.  Singing means I can almost cope with being the black sheep of the family!!

And what else?  My sister?  Well, its very low key but all is not lost.  Maybe we will meet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment