Sunday, 22 April 2012

8. Birthday happiness

I have just taken down all the lovely birthday cards that have been adorning my house for the last month or so.

What a lovely time it has been, and its wonderful to savour the cards in a way that wasnt possible in the rush and excitement of receiving them.  There are so many of them!  And they range from the beautiful to the funny to the stylish to the clever to the personalised, and each one brings a happy memory of the person who gave it to me, and a smile as I read their messages and enjoy the way that particular person has chosen to send me a birthday greeting.

Its lovely to see a card from somebody who perhaps didnt manage to come to the party, and ring them to thank them for their card or present, and to put the world to rights.

It's been such a special time, special and precious, and I am enjoying being 60 very much indeed!

And I have done the deed!  I have told work (well, one of my jobs) I am leaving and they have been so sweet about it.  Its not that I want to leave the job, I love working there, I love the job, the company, the people I work with, I love using my skills and being so appreciated, it has been a very happy time.

So I can be officially excited now and am gathering maps, and books, and am planning my trips......................

No comments:

Post a Comment