How lucky I am. I wake in the early morning in my lovely house to the birds and the sun through my open window, and walk up my garden, greeting my plants as old friends whose miniature cousins have so delighted me thousands of feet up in the Himalayas, and I remember.
I have seen the sun light the tops of the Himalayas in the morning and have washed my face in the Ganges as it bubbles out of its glacier and basked in the glory of the fabulous Shivling. I have been overwhelmed by the beauty and colour of India - her trees, her landscape, her buildings, her people. I have looked into their eyes: beggars, and refugees and farmers and mountaineers and children and mountain village women as well as the well to do and successful and have seen their eyes light up as they give me something precious and I am the richer by far.
My bags and parcels are full of lovely things to put about my house and garden, to bring some of that beauty home to me here, but it is those brown eyes that fill my heart and will enrich my days.
My journey is over: my journey of being 60, thank you for accompanying me and sharing it - all of it, the downs and the ups, it has been so good having you along. Visit here again in a few days for some more pictures. And come and visit me in person, and help me enjoy being 61 - and more!
Such a beautiful final post Jenny!
ReplyDelete