Thursday, 23 May 2013

119. Big City

Its even hotter in Delhi.  I am very glad of my impersonal air conditioned hotel room: a space to cool down and prepare myself for leaving India.  They do room service and lunch was, amazingly, extremely good.  An omelette went down really well!  There are no eggs or meat or even much cheese in Rishikesh (not that you'd want to eat meat in this heat anyway) so I had a lot of rice and dal - which luckily I love!

The journey here involved a 5am start, waking the boy in my hotel in Rishikesh so he could take me over the footbridge on his scooter (him driving, me behind with large rucksack on my back, and between us my large other bag.  The uphill bits were interesting.  There was a  little rail thing at the back of my seat which helped to stop me slipping off backwards. I hung on to his T-shirt!).  He delivered me to the taxi which took me to Haridwar where you catch the train to Delhi (travelling in India is never straightforward!).  So I have left the fabulous Ganges, sadly, with many a wistful thought to my Indian and Nepali friends who are now doing the same trek as we did with another group, and don't I wish I was there with them!  Maybe I could get a job washing dishes on treks!!!

Dinner tonight with friends from McLeod, and tomorrow..............not sure if I can cope with sight seeing in this heat.  Not really a great sight see-er.  I have succumbed to the delights of the Big City to the extent of buying a lovely top.



No comments:

Post a Comment