Friday, 24 May 2013

120. Seat 61

Last day in India.  Still hot.  Its just that everything is hotter than your body temperature – your bottle of drinking water, your face cream, your vitamin pill, the floor, the loo seat, your toothpaste, your clothes, a packet of biscuits.  And don’t even think about chocolate!  But my room has air conditioning!  Its fabulously cool!

I’ve managed to end up with too much money so had a wander around outside to see if there was anything I fancied buying.  There wasn’t.  Unusually, I just cannot get my bearings, every time I think I’ve got myself orientated I land somewhere in the opposite direction.  It really does not matter, I’m not a city girl, I’d rather be in Rishikesh where you are never far from the jungle which encroaches into the town wherever it can. I’ll spend the money in the duty free at the airport or maybe some beggar will get lucky.

And on the train which brought me here from Rishikesh I sat in Seat 61!!!  And if that has no significance for you, google it, a whole new world of adventures awaits you…………… 

No comments:

Post a Comment