Thursday, 29 November 2012

44. Life's essentials

I have boots, and an Indian Visa!  I am set to go!

Tommorrow I go to Birmingham to collect my visa, and my rupee card - which is a rather gorgeous-looking debit-type card which I load with pounds and use in India to buy stuff in rupees.  How cool is that?

Yesterday I went to Marsden in Yorkshire to the most wonderful shop called Mountainfeet
http://www.mountainfeet.co.uk/    
I refuse to apologise for this blatant advertising because you never know, this could be one of the most useful bits of information you get in a long time.  If you want boots, or shoes, that actually fit, if you've ever had trouble getting boots that fit or if you just want to really enjoy the experience of buying them and benefitting from Si, the owner's, expertise and fund of general foot and shoe knowledge, and maybe have a nice walk up on the moors at the same time, give him a ring and go - you will not be disappointed.    I have real hopes that the wonderful boots I bought yesterday really will enable me to walk where I want........................

Otherwise I am partying my time away having coffees, and lunches and drinks and suppers with everyone, seeing them all before I go.  Wonderful!  Still have to confess to an awful nagging fear that something will happen to stop me going..........................




No comments:

Post a Comment