I'm going back to India! Back to the Himalayas! Inspired by a book about Victorian explorers in the western Himalayas, and maps bought a few years ago when planning to go there, it just came to me - that is what I want to do!
So the plan is to spend the winter in Dharmsala, helping Tibetan refugees with their english, and as soon as its spring, explore the mountains - I want to see Nanda Devi, which has inspired me for years after reading about Shipton and Tillman's explorations there, and the mouth of the Ganges, and the magical Shivling mountain.
I've been busy - while my mind has been mulling over all the options - I'm part way through a massive project to reclaim my garden from the jungle, and have been to a creative writing class, and another writing group, and have discovered a local philosophy class, and explored all sorts of things to do, but I'm just not ready to settle down to the retired life. My mother is elderly and getting more fragile and will need me around more so, with her blessing, I'm going to have a good fling first.
Watch this space!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment