Another lovely weekend, this time with cousins We went to Stratford (another first for me) to see Shakespeare but wow! Shakespeare as he would never have quite envisaged. Or maybe he would, maybe thats what it is about his stuff - its so relevant now. It was Romeo and Juliette in Bagdhad. In the opening scene we were transported to the streets of Bagdhad and facing the reality of what its like to see your country ravaged by war. The country you love, the people you love, to see what it feels like. And the story was all there, in fact they added in stuff - Capulet and Montague were brothers, and Mrs Montague was a wonderful strong female lead character who brought in a whole new dimension. Brilliant! Made you think, made you understand other people's lives, tranported you somewhere else, I came out feeling a better person for having had the experience.
And good to spend time with my cousins, learning more about family stuff - apparently I look like my paternal grandmother who I have never met!!
It is a roller coaster though - it feels like I'm hurtling along, hanging on for dear life, its exciting, busy, oh so very busy, exhilarating, fun, with lovely relaxed moments here and there and I never quite know what is round the corner. And of course what rolls up on the coaster has to come down.................my darling, bright, funny, musical, talented son is about to jack in his education and take off round the world with his guitar. I so understand where he is coming from. And I so dont want him to do it. And he so doesn't want me to interfere in his life. And I so want to let him go to live his life and make his own decisions. And I so have to do the motherly thing and try and persuade him to at least leave the door open so he can come back and finish his degree.
When he was born, someone sent me a card saying "dont worry, the sleepless nights and constant worry only lasts about 25 years". She knew what she was talking about!
And good to spend time with my cousins, learning more about family stuff - apparently I look like my paternal grandmother who I have never met!!
It is a roller coaster though - it feels like I'm hurtling along, hanging on for dear life, its exciting, busy, oh so very busy, exhilarating, fun, with lovely relaxed moments here and there and I never quite know what is round the corner. And of course what rolls up on the coaster has to come down.................my darling, bright, funny, musical, talented son is about to jack in his education and take off round the world with his guitar. I so understand where he is coming from. And I so dont want him to do it. And he so doesn't want me to interfere in his life. And I so want to let him go to live his life and make his own decisions. And I so have to do the motherly thing and try and persuade him to at least leave the door open so he can come back and finish his degree.
When he was born, someone sent me a card saying "dont worry, the sleepless nights and constant worry only lasts about 25 years". She knew what she was talking about!
No comments:
Post a Comment